Anticipation! I have it! I am so excited about the rest of this year. Summer, next semester… 2010 is my year. I can just feel it.
Lately I’ve grown rather fond of lists, so I’m going to make a list of things I plan to do before the year is over. Here we go.
2. Learn a new skill. I’m not quite sure what skill… I just want to learn how to do something I didn’t previously know how to do. I’m gonna master it too. Maybe I’ll learn to fix cars. Probably not that though.
3. Learn to like something I didn’t like before. Maybe some type of food, maybe a movie or a song… I’m going to grow fond of something that is wonderful but I don’t know it yet.
4. Wear more dresses. Over the last year I have discovered that I have a deeply rooted passion for dresses and skirts. Something about the girliness and loveliness of a dress just makes me feel so… lovely. I’m going to buy more clothes that make me feel lovely.
5. Laugh until I cry. At least once.
6. Open someone’s eyes. This might be my favorite of all. I want to expose someone to some kind of knowledge that totally changes the way they think.
7. Climb a tree. A really big one with lots of branches. Maybe I’ll write a poem while I’m up there.
9. Go on a date. A real live, I’ll-pick-you-up-at-seven, wear-a-nice-dress date. I’ve never done that.
10. I’m going to Grow. Sure this is an ongoing thing for me (and anyone for that matter), but this year especially I plan to mature a lot. I’m going to be a junior in college next semester. I hear that’s when it’s supposed to happen.
So there you have it. I am so pumped because I know that this is going to be the best year yet. Awesome, here I come!